I am finding the green.

So I am finally reviving this blog, and my gardening activities. My gardening projects for the past two seasons did not come to fruition (no pun intended - quite literally too really). I know I should attempt a lessons learnt list of sorts but possibly that warrants a dedicated separate entry; however, in this post, I would like to focus on the new plans for this gardening season: spring is upon us, it is already warming up here and I am a few weeks behind in starting the seeds, but I can't be any more excited about this project.
I am now a proud member of التعاونية الزراعية المنزلية (وِرْوِر) - the charmingly named "Domestic Agricultural Cooperative (Wer'wer)" - a group of Cairo based gardening enthusiasts and wanna-be urban farmers brought together by a friend of mine. We've already had a first meeting, and despite having the camera on me for the specific purpose of taking a photo to share in this post, I just somehow didn't get around to snapping that shot. 
In addition to all the potential activities and plans we discussed, I also have some pending ones of my own, which I am hoping to be starting and documenting here soon enough.
In all cases, I am also hoping to develop this blog into a collaboration tool for our gardening group (in addition to others like a calendar an mailing list), and am so looking forward to comparing notes and getting feedback and sharing experiences with other fellow gardeners and friends in my city. So I think I will be posting here more regularly again. And I am feeling good about it.



The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is now.