My Latest Plant Addition: Plumeria alba

Today the plant nursery I deal with finally delivered on a promise to procure a West Indian Jasmine (botanical name: Plumeria alba) for me. The coveted plant, with its beautiful highly fragrant flowers is fairly common in Egypt; however, at the nursery, only very large specimen had been available.
The one I obtained is of exactly the correct size, but alas, I found it to be in a less than perfect condition: the three stems have very little foliage, and they show no promise of blossoming this season.
Nonetheless, I did purchase the plant and dutifully repotted it; it now adorns the easternmost corner of my balcony. I hope I will be able to nurse it into a more vivid state. And who knows, maybe it will reward me with a late-season bloom.

West Indian Jasmine is a flowering plant whose genus is native to Mexico and tropical America, and is spread throughout the world's tropics. It will thrive under warm conditions and favors full sun. As I mentioned above, I have given my plant a home on the eastern most corner of my northern balcony, where it will enjoy direct morning sunlight until about noon time.

It was first repotted using a 1 part peat to 1 part sand to 1 part perlite mixture (check out this post to read more about mixing potting soil basics).
As with any newly repotted plant, it mustn't be fed for at least six weeks; then a regular feeding regimen (once every other week) can be started. It is recommended to allow the soil to dry between waterings.


I am hoping for bloom and dreaming of flowers.

updates will follow